Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Launch

This day has seemed like it would never get here. I prayed relentlessly for God to open the door for me to begin my own photography business and the doors just never seemed to open. I would see a little sign but then nothing new. The time never seemed to be right. 

I put a lot of things in front of this adventure. Some things were of my own and some things where God given to prepare me for this quest. I cannot imagine going into business on my own four years ago when I wanted to start because I would have most likely failed through poor decisions and time management within a year. God always knows when we need a door shut for a season. Just because He closed it back then did not mean He was saying NO forever. 

The time has come and God has opened up many doors for this opportunity to begin full speed ahead. My husband supports me 100% (which is very important when his one income is funding most of these investments), I have family who supports me, and I have learned the importance of patience. A business is not built overnight and I know that I may have to wait, patiently, possibly several years, before seeing serious fruit from the seed I am sowing right now.

This is all worth it, though. I am ready for sleepless nights, engaging conversations, and creating art. I am ready for challenge, change, and perspective. I am ready to learn, be educated, and change. Part of being an artist of any type is knowing when it is time to learn a new technique, or to hone a perfect one that you have already learned. I refuse to fall into the trap of comparison. If you come to me for portraits I will give you something unique. I will work with YOU, learn YOU, so that your portraits are a direct reflection of who you are. That is what my art will represent.  

Part of all of this was the founding factor for my final logo design which was created by Olyvia Media. The founder of Olyvia Media, Erika, did a fantastic job in capturing my heart and my desire for my business. Those who are looking for someone to help them run a classy and thriving online business need to check her out! 

When I contacted her about designing a logo I was nervous. I did not know if a designer could see what I saw, but she did. 

I went with a gold tinted name color based on the biblical use of the word Gold. All throughout scripture we see the color gold used as something good. It's desired and typically what is used to judge the worth of other things. Also, gold is not easily corruptible. I want my business to not just give off an excellent product but also to glorify God. Gold represents glory to Him.

I will work with pros. I will surround myself with those who are ten thousand times better than me so that I can grow. I will always be on honest with you on what I am capable of but will not stop myself from challenging myself so that I can soar to new heights. 

I am looking forward to this journey and blogging about many wonderful clients, experiences, and even challenges and growth as a professional photographer. Please feel free to contact me directly at anytime with thoughts, questions, or just to chat!




SUBMIT A RESPONSE